Natural Transformation, Artificial Transformation, Discovery Of Transformation
Transformation is one of three basic mechanisms for genetic exchange in bacteria. Transformation may be either a natural process—that is, one that has evolved in certain bacteria—or it may be an artificial process whereby the recipient cells are forced to take up DNA by a physical, chemical, or enzymatic treatment. In both cases, exogenous DNA (DNA that is outside the host cell), is taken into a recipient cell where it is incorporated into the recipient genome, changing the genetic makeup of the bacterium.
- Transgenic Animals - Targeted Gene Replacement And "knockouts", Selection Of Gene Targeted Cells, From Transgene To Transgenic Organism
- Transduction - Generalized Transduction, Specialized Transduction, Uses In Research
- Transformation - Natural Transformation
- Transformation - Artificial Transformation
- Transformation - Discovery Of Transformation
- Other Free Encyclopedias