History Nature of the Gene - From Elements To Genes, The Chromosome Theory, Gene Action And Mutation, The Molecular Gene
Although Wilhelm Johannsen coined the term "gene" in 1909, our understanding of the nature of the gene has changed significantly over the course of the twentieth century. Gregor Mendel's elements of inheritance were given a material basis in the chromosome theory of the early twentieth century. Attempts to understand the nature of gene action and mutation spurred interest in the biochemical role and molecular basis of the gene, culminating in the discovery of the structure of DNA.
- Mutation Rate - Measurements Of Mutation Rate, Human Mutation Rates, Factors Influencing The Mutation Rate, The Origin Of Spontaneous Mutations
- History Nature of the Gene - From Elements To Genes
- History Nature of the Gene - The Chromosome Theory
- History Nature of the Gene - Gene Action And Mutation
- History Nature of the Gene - The Molecular Gene
- Other Free Encyclopedias