Chemical Mutagens, Light And Radiation, Repairing The Damage
A mutagen is any substance or agent that can cause a mutation, or change in the sequence or structure of DNA. Mutagens are classified on the basis of their physical nature and the types of damage they do. A mutagen is not the same as a carcinogen. Carcinogens are agents that cause cancer. While many mutagens are carcinogens as well, many others are not. The Ames test is a widely used test to screen chemicals used in foods or medications for mutagenic potential.
- Mutagenesis - Noninduced Mutagenic Agents, Creating Mutations, The First Mutagenesis Assay, Detecting Mutations
- Muscular Dystrophy - Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy, Limb-girdle Muscular Dystrophy, Treatment Of The Muscular Dystrophies
- Mutagen - Chemical Mutagens
- Mutagen - Light And Radiation
- Mutagen - Repairing The Damage
- Other Free Encyclopedias