Linkage and Recombination - Basic Concepts, Calculating Linkage And Map Distance, Statistical Approaches
Linkage refers to the association and co-inheritance of two DNA segments because they reside close together on the same chromosome. Recombination is the process by which they become separated during crossing over, which occurs during meiosis. The existence of linkage and the frequency of recombination allow chromosomes to be mapped to determine the relative positions and distances of the genes and other DNA sequences on them. Linkage analysis is also a key tool for discovering the location and ultimate identity of genes for inherited diseases.
- Maize - Early Studies Of Maize, Later Maize Studies
- Legal Issues - Ownership Of Tissues, Criminal Law, Patenting Issues
- Linkage and Recombination - Basic Concepts
- Linkage and Recombination - Calculating Linkage And Map Distance
- Linkage and Recombination - Statistical Approaches
- Other Free Encyclopedias