Role Of Social Work, The Caregiver, Support For The Caregiver
While many medical and social advances have resulted in longer lives, older adults often find themselves coping with multiple health problems that affect their quality of life. It is in this context that the role of the social worker becomes paramount. The main focus of a gerontological social worker is to maintain and enhance the quality of life of older adults and their families. Gerontological social workers often find themselves members of an interdisciplinary team composed of several health care professionals who must collaborate and communicate with each other in order to achieve the best possible outcome for the older adult (Linderman and Mellor).
- South Asia - Trends In Population Aging, Living Arrangements, Economic Status And Retirement Patterns, Sex Ratios In The Elderly Population
- Social Support - Conceptualizing Social Support And Social Integration, Benefits Of Social Support And Social Integration, Differentials In Social Support And Social Integration
- Social Work - Role Of Social Work
- Social Work - The Caregiver
- Social Work - Support For The Caregiver
- Other Free Encyclopedias